Managed by Chapleau Real Estate Limited, Brokerage.
Everyone needs a place to retreat;
a spot where the world
grows quiet enough for
the souls to speak.
Angie Weiland Crosby
A cozy, lake front, western exposure cabin nestled amongst majestic birch and evergreens. Watch the morning mist rise, listen to the loons, and have your coffee on the dock or deck. Kayak along beautiful Wangoon Lake. Read a book, swim or have a sauna. Watch the sun go down and observe one of the most beautiful sunset views you’ll ever witness. Roast marshmallows and watch the stars sparkle almost within your reach. ATV/Drive to town for a takeout/dine-in meal or barbecue on the deck and use the fully serviced kitchen.
The Township of Chapleau is 16 kilometres (10 miles) away (via gravel road) or 32 Kilometres (via Hwy 101/129). There is a grocery store, pharmacy, hospital, restaurants and more. Visit the Chapleau Museum, hike the Levesque Trail, walk through beautiful Louis Dube Peace Park and check out many other small-town treasures.
Try golfing at the nine hole, Kebsquasheshing Golf Club or take the kids to the beachfront Splash Pad.
Or just, simply, enjoy the peace and serenity of what cottage life has to offer.
- Sunset View: Western Exposure
- Cell Phone Coverage (ROGERS, TBAY TEL)
- Abundance of Parking
- Water (Hot and Cold) – Not treated.
- ATV trails
- Gradual Staircase to lake
- Snorkeling: Clear Lake
- Sauna – Wood Fired
- Outdoor Shower
- Kayaks: Two adult kayaks and one child kayak.
- Peddle Boat
- 14’ Boat and paddles provided (Bring your own motor, safety kit, life jackets, anchor etc.)
- No Boat Launch
- Patio Furniture
- Fire Pit
- Clay wood-fired pizza oven
- Outdoor Toilet
- Laundry Facility
- Satellite TV and DVD player.
- Bedding, linen and pillows
- Fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, cutlery, and dinnerware.
- Propane BBQ Grill
- Three Bedrooms
- Queen Bed
- 2 x Single Over Double Bunk Beds
- Indoor Three-Piece Bathroom
CLICK HERE FOR PHOTO GALLERY
- No pets
- No smoking or vaping inside the camp or sauna. All butts must be fully extinguished and disposed of in the containers provided.
- No parties
- Noise Restriction between 11:00PM -7:00AM to respect neighbours and other residents on the lake.
- No fireworks.
- Maximum: Six Overnight Guests
- Garbage Disposal: Renters are responsible for placing all trash in the steel bin provided. Fish guts must be frozen and NEVER dumped in the lake.
- Firewood: Minimal firewood will be left for the sauna and campfires.
- Barbeque: The BBQ Grill must also be left clean, gas turned off and covered upon departure.
- Cleaning/Damage Fee: Should the property be left in an unacceptable state upon departure, the guest(s) will be charged a minimum fee of $250.00 for additional cleaning. .
- Minimum Age to Rent: 21 Years
- A non-refundable deposit of $300.00 with signed booking form will be required to secure time allotment. Balance will be due within 7 days of arrival. E-Transfer and Major Credit Cards accepted.
- Photo ID will also be required upon time of booking.
Six Night Stay | $1,300.00
- CHECK IN: 12 noon on SATURDAY
- CHECK OUT: 12 noon on FRIDAY (Six night – Seven day stay)
- Electronic Lock or Lock Box code for access. Access codes will be given prior to arrival.
For more information about “THE SANCTUARY” please send an email to us at:
PLEASE ALLOW A 24 HOUR response time.
Please request your booking below by picking the block (Sat – Fri. only) and filling in your information below.
(please select each day individually)